The Royal Ashton Hotel is owned and operated by East Meets South West Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09839265 and whose registered office is at 90-92 Station Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1PD. The company’s VAT registration number is 233 1328 45. East Meets South West Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website at www.royalashton.co.uk (“our website”) to make a booking at our hotel, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please do not use our website to make a booking if you do not agree to the terms of this policy.
We may use the services of business partner networks to facilitate bookings at our hotel and you should read the privacy policies of those organisations before using their websites to provide and submit your personal data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is East Meets South West Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09839265 and whose registered office is at 90-92 Station Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1PD. The company’s VAT registration number is 233 1328 45. Details of our notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers at https://ico.org.uk (Ref ZA359929)
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act and GDPR is Samantha Miller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process data about you. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or making a booking on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information. We may also collect your social media content where this is in the public domain. This information can include posts and comments, pictures and video footage.
We also collect personal data from you when you use our WIFI networks to access the internet. We may collect the time, technical information and geographic location of your device when you do so.
We may also obtain your email address for the purpose of including you on an email distribution list for future updates about the hotel.
Uses made of this information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including sharing your information with other companies that will be performing or need to hold any such information in connection with the performance of, any services to be delivered by us or them to you.
- To notify you about changes to our services and website.
- To validate your information to check that data we hold about our customers/users is accurate, consistent and up to date.
- To provide you with access to our WIFI networks.
- To gather feedback from you about our website, other services and activities from time to time. We may invite you to provide this feedback on occasion, for example by emailing you.
- To respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised.
- To respond to any social media posts or other public comments you make about us, our website, services or other activities.
- To protect you and our business against other potential criminal behaviour e.g. fraud or ID theft.
- To maintain administrative and statutory records about our business.
- To review our products and services from time to time to ensure that they are relevant to our customers.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To perform our contract with you to provide our services.
- In pursuit of our legitimate interests to record CCTV footage to protect premises, belongings and staff.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We cannot run our business or provide many of the services and benefits you expect to receive without involving other people and businesses.
We share the information we collect with:
- Other people, suppliers and businesses who help us provide our website, WIFI networks and related services to you, for example information technology companies who design and host our websites and payment services companies who enable you to use credit or payment cards with us.
- Rewards companies which you have signed up to, in order for you to receive the rewards and benefits they offer.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Our professional advisers for example our lawyers, insurers and insurance brokers when they need it to provide advice to us or help us to obtain insurance.
- The Police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the Courts, and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Other people who make a subject access request to us, where we are allowed to do so by law.
We may also share the information we collect where we are legally obliged to do so, for example to comply with a court order. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your information for?
We can only keep your information for as long as necessary for the purposes set out above and in accordance with the Act and GDPR. The precise length of time we hold your information for varies depending upon the individual circumstances.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data on our website. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below and provide the updated information. You may ask us to delete your personal data and if you would like us to do so, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
You may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask us to send such personal data to another data controller. You may object to our processing of your personal data pursuant to this Policy. Please contact us using the details below, providing details of your objection. You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, for the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at www.ico.org.uk.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks and, advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access required may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We may charge a reasonable fee for any further personal data requests from you.